5 Cool Facts About Classic Hollywood Action Movies You Probably Don’t Know
Action films are iconic stuff. Some people seem to be petulant small films made without a true plot. Yet action films have it all for fans — action (of course), adventure, sensuality, explosions, fast cars and scenes of combat. The list will continue.
One thing that makes action movie fans a little interesting is that true fans are seeking to know as many specifics as possible about their preferred films, to almost become a walking encyclopaedia of facts and reference points suited to the trivia night of the restaurant. But just as life works, both of you can’t remember, and this particular set of facts is worthwhile!
Five cool facts about some you never knew of your favourite action films, but you will always remember them:
- The silence of the Lambs-Most people condemns Hollywood action films by noticing that they have little to give for a genuinely worthwhile plot. Although some might find this film more thrilling, it keeps you on your seat’s frontier. ‘Silence’ is a few of the films which have won the Academy Awards (best picture, director and actress) for the top screenplay categories.
- The Quick and the Furious, Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez, did not have any driver’s licences or permits before the film was made. Although this may seem quite strange, many actors and actresses turn their attention to their young age craft, even circumventing milestones such as this.
- Jaws – Far from the surface of the water table, almost a fourth of the movie was shot. The audition could feel like walking water and at least “Bruce,” the name given to the mechanic shark used for the shooting, are at the core of the fear of the film. The fact that only around 25% of the film was shot in this way is remarkable when you realise that much of the film’s much unforgettable scenes are all centred in the sea.
- Wind Gone – While mostly considered a historical theatre or even (funnily enough) as a romantic film, ‘Gone’ has been praised for his vast enterprise and his wide-ranging vision of a past age over several centuries. Although the film appears to have wonderful images of plantation life, it takes your breath away through ferocious action sequences and thrilling scenes. The first colour film to win a Best Picture Oscar.
- X-Men-Although the actors Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan have not played a game of chess in their lives, despite the complexity and class they owe them. While not the most gruelling action film, it’s important to mention it simply because so many filmmakers are unable to suspend all disbelief. All is about the details.
Action films can be great fun, so let the movies magic take you away from the regular drama.
Come join Carmel, IN for today’s best action movies and the best food in the city!